The Trusera is the most easterly Suone – or irrigation channel – of any significance in the Valais. First mentioned in a purchase document dating from 1499, it draws its water from the Milibach stream in the Rappental valley. The irrigation channel was out of use between 1994 and 2006, but was later restored by numerous helpers at great financial expense. For the most part, it runs through shady forests, serving to irrigate herb gar- dens in the Binnackern area. During the blooming period, various types of native orchid, including the red hellborine, adorn the footpath.