Chickpea salad with apricots and goat’s cheese
- Wash and quarter tomatoes.
- Wash apricots and cut in half. Remove stones and cut each half-apricot into thin slices.
- Mix apricots and tomatoes with chickpeas.
- To make vinaigrette, chop shallot finely. Mix with honey, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and allow to stand for 10 min.
- Blend vinaigrette with mixture of tomatoes, apricots and chickpeas and allow to stand for 15 min.
- Rinse and drain basil and parsley. Set aside some leaves for decoration and chop remainder roughly.
- Add herbs to salad just before serving.
- Shape goat’s cheese into small, oval, elongated quenelles.
- Garnish salad with rest of herbs and arrange cheese quenelles on top.
Recipe: Peter Gschwendtner, Chef at restaurant Castle, Blitzingen