Valais apricot risotto
- Finely chop the onions and cook gently in the oil until soft but not coloured.
- Add the rice and let it sweat gently for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine. Let it evaporate then slowly add the vegetable stock a ladleful at a time. Make sure the rice is always just covered with stock.
- Cook the risotto on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mascarpone and some lavender blossoms. Add a little more vegetable stock, depending on the consistency.
- Chop the apricots into small pieces and add them to the risotto just before serving.
Recipe: Pierre Crepaud, Executive Chef at LeMontBlanc Restaurant, LeCrans Hotel & Spa Crans-Montana