Salée de la Vallée
Preparation of the sweet pastry dough:
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, make a crater in the centre and pour in the yeast mixed with a little warm milk.
- Pour in the rest of the warm milk along with the egg, sugar, softened butter, salt and lemon zest.
- Mix until the dough is even.
- Roll out the dough until it has a smooth, elastic consistency. Place in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise at room temperature for about 2 hours. The dough should double in volume.
Preparation of the shortbread:
- Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Fold in the diced butter and knead until it has a sandy texture.
Adding the shortbread:
- Roll out the dough and place in a lightly oiled flan tin.
- Cut off the excess sweet pastry dough and prick the base of the tart with a fork.
- Spread the shortbread dough on the sweet pastry dough, press down the edges and smooth the surface.
- Place the slices of butter on top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 180° C.
- After 30 minutes of baking, sprinkle the surface with Fendant wine and put back in the oven.
- Remove, allow to cool, remove from the baking tin and place on a rack.
- Serve warm or cold.