Gourmet Valais canapés
- Cut the dried meat (or cured ham) and cured bacon in thin slices.
- Spread the slices out on a rack.
- Cook in a fan-assisted oven at 110° for 40 minutes.
- Cut the rye bread into thin slices, then again into three.
- Cut the Raclette cheese into slices 6 mm thick, remove the crust and cut into smaller pieces.
- Cut the sérac cheese and the beetroot into slices of the same thickness as the Raclette cheese.
- Chop the dried apricots finely. (The dried apricots may be replaced by chutney)
Place a piece of sérac cheese on a slice of rye bread, season to taste with pepper and oil. Add a slice of beetroot and top with a crisp of dried meat.
Place a piece of Raclette cheese on a slice of rye bread, sprinkle with dried apricot or chutney and top with two crisps of cured bacon.
Recipe: Mauro Capelli, Chef at the Restaurant du Théâtre, Monthey