Valais rye bread soup
- Heat the stock in a saucepan.
- Cut the bread into cubes and set aside.
- Grate the raclette cheese into a container and set aside in the fridge.
- Peel and finely slice the onions.
- Melt the butter in a hot pan and add the onions. Cook at a moderate heat until the onions are caramelised.
- In a gratin dish or soup tureen make a layer of rye bread cubes.
- Cover with the caramelised onions then pour over the stock.
- Cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is goden-brown.
Recipe: Stève Delasoie, Hôtel du Crêt, Bourg-Saint-Pierre