- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel the asparagus and arrange them on a tray lined with baking paper. Douse with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Cut the asparagus and cheese into slices the same length as the bread.
- Spread the bear garlic pesto on four of the bread slices. Lay a slice of cheese and a few asparagus pieces on each of the four remaining bread slices. Cover with the other bread slices, pesto side down.
- Heat the butter in a pan, then fry each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden-brown. You can also cook the toasties in the oven for around 10 minutes at 200°C on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Serve warm with a green salad.
Recipe: Héloïse Martinez, @Mrs Martinez cooks