Valais cheese-and-tomato fondue
- Rub the fondue pot with the garlic, add the wine and heat over medium heat.
- When the wine starts to heat, add the Raclette and the cheese and let them melt over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato sauce and keep stirring until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Mix the cornflour with the kirsch and pour in the caquelon. Continue stirring.
- At the first boil, remove the fondue pot, season with pepper and place the caquelon on a “réchaud” burner on the dining table.
Put a portion of potatoes on each plate, cut in pieces and ladle some tomato fondue over them.