Chruchtele, paper-thin fried pastry with schnapps and wine
Makes about 70 pastries
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add salt and beat.
- Add flour, butter, wine and schnapps and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Set aside dough in fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Roll out dough until as thin as newspaper (ideally with a dough rolling machine) and cut into strips of approx. 10x4 cm.
- Heat coconut oil to approx. 180 degrees and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes, repeatedly pressing pastries into oil with two wooden spoons in order to make attractive folds.
- Remove Chruchtele and dry on kitchen towel.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Recipe: Fernando Michlig, Hotel Restaurant Tenne, Gluringen