Château de la Bâtiaz
The Château de la Bâtiaz was built in 1260 and is the only remaining witness to the medieval era. It was an object of envy, and passed from the House of Savoie to the Sion bishops (and vice versa) many times. Dishes influenced by medieval flavours are served during the summer season. From June to September, it is possible to follow a guided tour of the castle on Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. (reservation required from Martigny Tourism).