Prizes and terms of entry
Win a fabulous family holiday
The prizes in our big Treasure Hunt competition range from an exclusive one-week holiday in Valais for the whole family to a helicopter flight around the Matterhorn, mountaineering, skiing and much more. It’s definitely worth entering! All the prizes are valid until the end of the summer season 2019.
Win one of the following prizes:
Enjoy a fabulous one-week holiday including accommodation and full board plus a thrilling variety of adventures: «monster scooter» ride, paraglider flight, outing with a game warden, hike with llamas, climb through the Massa gorge, mountain biking, trip to the alpine pastures, learning to play the alphorn, etc. (An accompanying video team will produce a report on the holiday.)
2nd prize: Helicopter flight around the Matterhorn
This helicopter flight around the Matterhorn with Air Zermatt is for the whole family: up to 6 people in all! You’ll enjoy superb views of the Matterhorn, the Weisshorn and the Monte Rosa as well as the village of Zermatt. A unique experience guaranteed to set pulses racing – for adults as well as children!
3rd prize: A week’s summer holiday at the Hotel Belalp
The historical Hotel Belalp lies at the heart of a magnificent hiking area with direct views of the Great Aletsch Glacier. Enjoy a one-week summer holiday for all the family including half board and a range of top activities: a visit to the Blatten adventure rope park, guided sunrise walk, tour of a cheese dairy, plus mini-golf and paddling lake/children’s playground. You’ll also receive a one-week pass for the cable cars and chairlifts plus a hiking map.
4th prize: Scaling a peak with a mountain guide
Led by one of the mountain guides from Saas-Fee Guides, you’ll climb one of the many dramatic peaks around Saas-Fee with the whole family (2 adults and 2 children). You’ll enjoy well-deserved relaxation at the Swiss Family Hotel Alphubel. The prize comprises two nights’ accommodation in a family room and a guided day-tour including Metro Plus Ticket with admission to the Swiss Glacier World and all mountain cableways in the Saastal valley.
5th prize: Long weekend in «Les 4 Vallées»
Spend an enchanting long weekend with the family in Nendaz, at the heart of the holiday region of «Les 4 Vallées». The prize includes three nights’ accommodation with half board plus an OpenAir Pass for three days. This allows you to ride on most of the cableways of Nendaz, Siviez and Veysonnaz in operation, and also take advantage of numerous vouchers and discounts valid throughout this vast playground for hiking, mountain biking and snow sports.
6th prize: Two-night break in Grächen
Enjoy a two-night break for four people at the Family Hotel & Spa Desirée***S, including breakfast, in the car-free village heart of Grächen. In winter, the hotel offers childcare; parents can treat themselves to blissful relaxation at the Alpine SPA Lodge in the neighbouring Hotel Grächerhof Gourmet&Spa (direct underground access). Guided by an expert local game warden, you’ll discover some exclusive spots and enjoy a generous breakfast at the new family mountain restaurant. On an outing with llamas, you’ll get to know these beautiful and sensitive creatures: an unforgettable day out!
7th prize: Four-day winter break in Bellwald
Indulge in four days of sensational snow sports in Bellwald with the whole family. The prize includes three nights’ accommodation, private lessons at the ski school in Bellwald and lift passes for all members of the family. This family-friendly resort enjoys a magnificent location high above the Goms valley and offers a wide range of winter activities.
8th prize: Guided tour on the Great Aletsch Glacier
Experience the Great Aletsch Glacier and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of «Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch» close up. An expert mountain guide will accompany you on a hike on the longest and mightiest river of ice in the Alps. Along the way, you’ll learn fascinating facts about glaciology, the ice ages and the flora and fauna of the Aletsch Arena: an experience you’ll never forget.
Terms of entry
Entry to our competition is based on our General Terms & Conditions for competitions. By entering, you are also giving your agreement to the terms listed below.
The winners of the main prize will be accompanied by Valais/Wallis Promotion (and any commissioned video film-makers) during their one-week stay in Valais with the purpose of producing a report on this holiday week.
General Netiquette and Data Protection Statement for posts containing the hashtag #TreasureValais
If you would like to publish your photo on www.visitvalais.ch/treasure-competition, you can do so by using the hashtag #TreasureValais with a public post on Instagram or Facebook*. Posts will be screened within 72 hours and selectively published on www.visitvalais.ch/treasure-competition. Your photo will be published unmodified and linked to the original platform. Valais/Wallis Promotion requires that you have copyright to any photos and videos. Additionally, all persons depicted must agree to the photo being published and shared. If you are under 18 years old, a parent or legal guardian must give permission to share the photo. Valais/Wallis Promotion is not liable for third-party content. If you choose to provide user content that allows you to be identified or contains other personal information, you do so at your own risk. If you don’t agree to your content being shown on www.visitvalais.ch/treasure-competition, please contact email@example.com, to have it removed. Valais/Wallis Promotion reserves the right not to display posts that do not follow General Netiquette. There is therefore no guarantee for the publication of a post on www.visitvalais.ch/treasure-competition.
Posts will not be published if:
- they are defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, offensive, porno-graphic, racist, discriminatory, threatening, disgraceful or blasphemous, or if they could violate someone's privacy or cause trouble.
- you don’t have all necessary licences and/or approvals.
- they depict or encourage criminal acts, could lead to a civil action or other-wise violate the law or the rights of third parties in any country of the world;
- they are technically harmful (in particular computer viruses, Trojans, logic bombs, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- Participants acknowledge that the sharing of content containing the hashtag #TreasureValais is not connected with Facebook or Instragram in any way. Valais/Wallis Promotion is the sole organiser and is not sponsored or supported by these companies. Participants hereby free Instagram and Facebook entirely from any and all claims relating to this campaign.
How to use the #TreasureValais hashtag
- Post your photo or video on a social media platform (Instagram or Facebook*)
- Mark your entry with the hashtag #TreasureValais
- We will check your entry and publish it, providing it meets the general guidelines for contributions (see Guidelines and Netiquette)
* Important: we can only check and publish your entry when it is shared on a public profile on Instagram or Facebook. On Facebook, you must post your entry on our Valais Wallis page in order for us to receive it. The guidelines and regulations mentioned above still apply. If your contribution does not correspond to these guidelines and regulations, we will delete it.