Raclette and filet mignon à l’Abricotine AOP
- Peel the onion and the garlic and chop finely. Peel and grate the ginger.
- Place all of the ingredients for the marinade in a dish and mix together.
- Soak the filet mignon in the marinade, ensuring that the meat is well covered. Cover the dish with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 80°C.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and then sear the filet mignon on all sides (12 to 15 minutes in total).
- Place the filet mignon in an oven dish and pour the marinade over it. Cook for 2 hours, regularly basting the meat with the marinade.
- Once cooked, take the meat out of the oven and cut into thin slices, which will then be placed onto the plates.
- Melt the half-wheel of cheese, then pour a dash of Abricotine on top of the cheese and flambé it, before scraping the cheese onto a piece of filet mignon. If using a raclonnette oven, pour the raclette cheese onto the filet mignon and then pour a little Abricotine on top to flambé it directly on the plate.
Recipe: Jennifer Favre, Ô Fondue Caquelon