Pork fillet with Valais apricots in a hazelnut crust, with Bleu du Valais sauce and new carrots
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Mix the softened butter and the hazelnuts until obtaining a homogeneous paste. Add salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on some film and roll it to form a sausage. Refrigerate.
Bleu du Valais sauce
- Chop the shallot and fry in oil.
- Add the Bleu du Valais cheese, the white wine and the whole cream.
- Simmer while stirring with a whisk to obtain a creamy sauce.
- Boil water with salt.
- Peel the carrots, keeping them whole.
- Place the carrots in boiling water and cook for 2 to 5 min. Afterwards, place them in cold water.
- Pit the apricots and cut them into 4 pieces.
- Cut the pork fillet into 4 steaks of about 150 g each.
- Indent the centre of the steaks with a small knife.
- Place 2 to 3 pieces of apricots into the indents in the meat slices. Add salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the pieces of meat on a high heat (about 1 min on each side).
- Cut the hazelnut crust into slices 4 to 5 mm thick and place on the steaks.
- Place in the middle of the oven, preheated to 250°, for 3 min.
- Reheat the carrots in a pan with a little butter and broth for a few minutes.
- Place the sauce, the veal stock and the carrots on the plates.
- Cut each steak into 3 pieces and lay on the plates.
Recipe: Peter Gschwendtner, Chef at restaurant Castle, Blitzingen