Fish tartare with green asparagus from Valais
Red onion chutney
- Peel and chop the red onions.
- Sweet the red onions in a little olive oil, season with salt.
- When soft, deglaze with the sherry vinegar and red wine. Add the grenadine syrup.
- Cook gently over a low heat for approx. 20 min. until the onions look like a compote.
- Peel the green asparagus and put into boiling salted water for 5 min. Drain and chill in cold water with ice cubes.
- Chop the asparagus into 2 mm cubes. Keep the heads and set aside for decoration.
- Chop the cornichons, capers, shallots and chives finely.
- Chop the trout and sea bass fillets into 2 mm cubes.
- Put the chopped fish in a bowl. Add the cornichons, capers, shallots and asparagus cubes, mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and orange juice and mix well.
- Put into round moulds and set aside in the fridge.
- Mix the egg yolk with the mustard and season with salt.
- Add the rapeseed oil in a stream while stirring vigorously with a whisk to obtain a mayonnaise.
- Add the yuzu juice, a dash of sherry vinegar and the zest from the lime.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Place the tartare in the centre of each plate. Garnish with slices of green asparagus and Aomori black garlic.
- Place a quenelle of red onion chutney and yuzu mayonnaise beside the tartare.
Recipe: Grégoire Antonin, Chef at Nouvo Bourg restaurant Saillon