Cream of asparagus and PGI dry-cured Valais bacon skewers
- Peel the asparagus.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. When boiling, immerse the asparagus and cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on their size.
- Cut the asparagus tips to about 4 cm long, wrap them in bacon, thread them onto the wooden skewers and set aside. Cut the rest of the asparagus into pieces.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the shallots, asparagus and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mix and sieve. Add the cream and heat the soup. Season to taste.
- Heat the clarified butter in a non-stick pan. Brown the skewers on all sides for about 6 minutes.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.