Chestnut Chocolate Pavé
- Cut the chestnuts in half across the widest part and immerse them in boiling water for 5 min.
- While they are still hot, peel the chestnuts.
- In a pot, cook the chestnuts with the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla pod for 15 min. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Mix or process the mixture through a food mill to obtain a fine paste.
- Cut the chocolate into pieces and add to a saucepan. Add the butter and Kirsch, and melt until smooth.
- Divide the melted chocolate into two bowls.
- Mix half of the chocolate with the chestnut mixture until well combined.
- Cover a cake tin with foil.
- Spread the rest of the chocolate over the surface of the tin with a brush. Chill for 30 min to harden the chocolate.
- Pour the preparation into the tin and press it down.
- Place pavé on a plate, removing foil.
- Decorate with whipped cream.
Recipe: Charles-Henri Zuchuat, Chef at restaurant L'Escale, Le Châble