Asparagus gratin with wild garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the asparagus then cook it in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Set aside 5 dl of the asparagus cooking water.
- Cut the asparagus into sticks of about 4 cm.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut the wild garlic into thin strips.
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan, add the flour and heat thoroughly without browning.
- Add the asparagus water and wait for the sauce to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Finally, add the cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the asparagus, wild garlic and sauce into a gratin dish.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe: Elena Boson, Chef at restaurant Le Chavalard, Fully